A wrap around heat shrinkable sheet that has been specifically designed for protection of buried and exposed manhole structures.
The WrapidSeal™ Manhole Encapsulation System consists of an engineered primer and a unique wraparound heat-shrinkable sleeve designed specifically to seal joints and prevent groundwater from entering a collection system. WrapidSeal™ is supplied in bulk rolls of varying widths and consists of a cross linked polyolefin backing, coated with an aggressive heat activated adhesive. A separate closure is used to create a complete sleeve with the adhesive effectively bonding to the substrate, providing corrosion protection and adhesion for the impermeable backing.
WrapidSeal™ can be utilized on both new construction and for rehabilitation of existing manholes. Most rehabilitation applications using WrapidSeal™ typically involve only the top portion of the structure, since cost considerations do not normally permit excavating an entire man- hole. An engineering study involving manhole rehabilitation states that, “partial replacement also is effective where rehabilitation is limited to within the manhole’s top 12 to 24 inches.” This top portion of the manhole is where WrapidSeal™ performs particularly well, due to its unique ability to con form, seal, accommodate movement, and provide structural integrity.
- Heat Activated, high shrink membrane – Torch applied, shrinks to fit manhole profile
- High tensile strength and elongation - Accommodates structural movement
- Excellent abrasion resistance - Tough backing resists soil stress
- Supplied in bulk rolls – Fits any size manhole
- Complete joint coverage - Reduces ground water infiltration
- Positive external seal - For new construction or rehabilitation
- Provides corrosion protection - Extends manhole service life
- Long-term protection – Soil stresses, acidity, and freeze/thaw cycles
- Quick installation
- Minimal downtime, cost effective
Heat Shrinkable Sleeve System for Manhole Joints
- Seals joints which reduces ground water inflow and infiltration
- Compatible with concrete, fiberglass, plastic and steel structures
- Installs in any climate
- Installs with municipal or contract labor
- Limited field training required